Saturday, May 21, 2011

Flies Versus Food

Who Ordered The Clouser Minnow Appetizer?



We needed more flies, but I only had five dollars with me. We were at the fly shop, just me and my friend. It seemed like a good day to go fishing, and that is never a day to skip. So, we were at the fly shop, picking  up flies before lunch. But like I said before, we only had five dollars. So, it was going to come down to what we were hungrier for. Hot dogs, or fish on the end of our lines. Any normal person would have picked up hotdogs and gone fishing some other day. Us, well let's just say we were checking out with some flies five minutes later. Starving, but catching fish, we went through the day. We caught a couple nice fish, and a bunch of smaller ones. The day ended just as the wind started to pick up. Maybe we could eat flies? Hmm.... Nope, damn. On the other hand, I've got dinner all set up! In other news, the annual Rocky Mountain Anglers Swap Day was today. We had a great time, and everyone was happy. Lots of things were sold, and people got new gear. My friend bought a used reel, with line and backing for just 5 dollars. We took it and fished it, and it works like a charm. One of my other buddies also got a whole new outfit, rod, reel, and line, for under $40. Sweet! If you couldn't make it this year, I would definitely recommend coming by next spring. Also, the John Gierach Book Signing is next Saturday. Be sure to come by and bring a copy of one of his books, or pick up a copy of his newest collection of stories, "No Shortage of Good Days" while you're there! I bought a copy as soon as it came out, and from what I've read so far, it's really great. But then again, all his books are! Go bend some rods and rip some lips!


9 comments:

  1. Oh! I ordered it. Here, at table 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe. and maybe a coffe sparkle minnow or cappuccino to finish for ya tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please! Not decaf though, I have some writing to do tonight! Extra foam with that cappuccino...?
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be keeping an eye out for when it gets posted! Give the viewers here a sneak peak, what's the title of tonight's writing adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Any idea when it'll be up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon...15 minutes at the latest...I need to get tying some flies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For what purpose? You goin' fishing soon, or the fly box just lookin a little skimpy? Or maybe both?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fishing tomorrow, but I just want to tie. :) Post UP!

    ReplyDelete