Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Cheer

With Christmas right around the corner, a lot of people are planning vacations. Since our "actual" vacation was planned months ago, I had plenty of time to schedule the real trip, or the fishing. After talking to a few people at the shop who had all been to Mexico, I decided that the best fly fishing guide in the area is Grant Hartman of Baja Anglers. Upon checking out his website, I was even more interested. Over 90 world records! That's crazy! So I called, and we got it all set up. Two days of fishing, starting out with a sort of warm-up day. Working along the beach for rooster fish, sierra mackerel, and possibly snapper. The next day, we head out to the depths of Ernest Hemmingway's brain the ocean to attempt a marlin on the fly. Epic! So now, what to tie? Lots of big stuff. How big? Like this. I'll report back later. From me and the rest of the class I'm in right now, have a good one!

Justin's Sardina, Size 4/0

2 comments:

  1. What a life! I can't imagine SB creek will keep you happy after Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. Have fun and post some pics! JGR

    ReplyDelete