Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving! I always start to think at this time of year that there is work to be done. Of course you still have to fish, so you don't go completely insane. Wait, yea. So you don't go completely insane. But over the year, you probably lost a lot of gear too. I know I did. So you have to start getting your crap together for the next season. That can mean going down to the local fly shop to re stock on leaders and tippet, finding that new rod you really wanted (and told your wife you really needed), or in my case, tying a bunch of flies that I put in trees, under rocks, molded into ice, and bent out in the leather of the car. So what patterns do I tie? Nothing special. I don't really tie many flies to exact replicas like a lot of people do. I was one of those kids who didn't follow the instructions in the lego sets. So I like to look at a bunch of different patters, take parts of each one, and make variations. What are you gonna be tying up this Winter?

Too Many Worms?

2 comments:

  1. "I was one of those kids who didn't follow the instructions in the lego sets."

    I like that. And I never did either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't follow directions for the Lincoln Logs. Ha!

    I'm replacing a lost fly box so I'm tying everything.

    ReplyDelete