Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Blue And Gore Creek

When my friend gave me a call after my second day of Drivers Ed and asked if I had some time for a spare fishing trip, I actually wasn't sure. After moving a couple things around, checking with my mom, and other assorted boringness, I gave him the OK. So with the bags packed, we got a late (7:00 am) start up to the Blue. As usual, the fishing in the upper section was tough. Once we hit my favorite area, the fishing took a turn for the better. All in all I landed some fish, lost a couple more, and broke off once.

After awhile, we head out to our final destination. Wait, not the Blue? No, we were here to fish Gore Creek and its surrounding beaver ponds. We biked for a little while and found ourselves at a nice pond with some rising brookies. I started off with a Slump Buster, but quickly changed up to a yellow Adams. Sight casting to these fish was a great time, and it reminded me of Small Stream Reflections. Speaking of which, SSR is one of my favorite blogs. I wish I could tie flies half as good as what I see on there. If you don't already read it, hit the link and check it out.

The next day, we fished Gore Creek all the way through the Golf Course property. After catching a bunch of brookies, two browns, and a rainbow, I joked to my friend that we should try for a Grand Slam. Not even 30 minutes later, a nice Colorado Cutt found his way into my net. I admired his beauty, held him up for my friend, and let him go. Then I tried to drown myself for a good ten minutes because  I forgot to take a picture. Sorry guys.

Keep checking back in, there's going to be something really cool up within the next few days.









4 comments:

  1. Oh, sir. You are teasing me! Why can't there be any good fishing spots here in SE Michigan! >:( lol Gorgeous fish, though. Any keepers or do you not do that sort of stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trip Justin. You know the Blue is one of my wife's favorites. Maybe I need to hire you to guide her...I suck at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive, Justin! Love the colors of those fish. Haven't fished the Blue in many years. Maybe time for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, I enjoyed reading it. JGR

    ReplyDelete